Friday, October 17, 2008

Nice one, Nokia... Zzz...

Well... My phone died 2 weeks ago, and when I went to collect it on Wednesday, they told me that the phone has been corroded so it cannot be repaired and the warranty is also voided...

So I decided since the phone is already dead why not I try to open it up to see the extent of the damage...

1) Open the back plastic case...
Quite an easy thing to do... Note that the water damage sticker was purposely triggered (I wanted to see what could happen..) That was after I collected the phone and they said is beyond repair... So I figured that not harm would be done =)

2) Removing the screws...

3) Removing the front piece... [Screen + slider]


4) Remove the screws to the back piece...


The front piece:


5) Remove the screws to the front sheet to reveal the screen and the navigation keys... I pulled up the keypad too...




6) Go back to the main piece and remove the 2 screws holding the main board to the back portion of the phone... Remove the camera too...


7) The back piece:


In all the photos, notice the only corrosion is below the screen! Not on the main circuit board... So I wonder why the phone died completely after servicing [before sending it in I could still get a white screen and the phone is recognized as a "Nokia BB5 ADL Loader USB Generic / Nokia BB5 ADL Loader USB Phone Parent" when connected]

Now nothing happens!!!!

WTH is this???

[view my Picasa album of this...]

No comments: